HUTCHINSON— A dog alerted a Kansas family to a fire early Friday in Hutchinson.
Just after 3:30 a.m. fire crews responded to a home at 826 E 7th Street for a residential fire, according to Fire Chief Steven Beer.
Smoke was showing from the roof eaves on a small single-story residence. There was a fire in the kitchen at the back of the house. The fire was quickly controlled, and no one was hurt, all occupants were out of the house.
The residence suffered light smoke damage throughout. Fire damage was contained to the kitchen.
Occupants were asleep at the time the fire started and was alerted by their dog. An investigation found and overloaded outlet in the kitchen, according to Beer.