Panhandle total: 428, Active: 63, Recovered: 359, Deaths: 6
As we experience the COVID-19 pandemic, let’s counter it with a remedy of positivity to one another. We can get through this together with kindness and support.
· Be Supportive – Support your family, friends, and neighbors when possible.
· Be Careful – Carefully practice the important prevention strategies to safeguard you and your loved ones against COVID-19.
· Be Alert – Watch for negative social media and individual’s being bullied and take a stand against it with important facts and knowledge.
· Be Kind – Kindness always prevails as we traverse uncertain and fearful times.
Unified Command confirms nine more cases of COVID-19 in the Panhandle:
The investigations are complete, all close contacts will be quarantined and actively monitored twice daily for fever and respiratory symptoms by public health officials.
Nine new recoveries: two in Cheyenne, six in Scotts Bluff, and one in Sheridan brings the total recoveries to 359.
Testing information and access for the Panhandle area: · You can sign up for the following free testing at Testnebraska.com or 402-207-9377:
o Box Butte General Hospital in Alliance starting on August 3: Monday-Friday, 9-10am
o Chadron Community Hospital: Mondays & Fridays, 7-9am
· Collections are at 821 Morehead Street (Old Hospital ER Entrance next to Wilson Park)
o Gordon Memorial Hospital: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2-4pm
o Regional West Health Services in Scottsbluff: Monday-Friday, Noon-4pm
o Sidney Regional Medical Center starting on August 4: Tuesdays & Thursday, 7-9am
· Community Action Health Center in Gering: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, 7-8am o Testing is free, sign up at https://tinyurl.com/y7msahzq
· Morrill County Community Hospital in Bridgeport: Daily
o Call 308-262-1616 for testing, same day results, insurance will be billed
· Contact your local hospital or clinic for information on testing access.
March 2-July 30, 2020
Total Tests Conducted: 7,767
Cumulative Positivity Rate: 5.5%
Active Cases: 63
Active Hospitalizations: 2
Total Cumulative Hospitalizations: 45
• Banner County: 2 cases (recovered)
• Box Butte County: 10 cases (1 active, 9 recovered)
• Cheyenne County: 27 cases (3 active, 24 recovered)
• Dawes County: 8 cases (4 active, 4 recovered)
• Deuel County: 1 case (recovered)
• Garden County: 4 cases (recovered)
• Kimball County: 17 cases (1 active, 16 recovered)
• Morrill County: 59 cases (4 active, 55 recovered)
• Scotts Bluff County: 285 cases (50 active, 229 recovered, 6 deaths)
• Sheridan County: 9 cases (recovered)
• Sioux County: 6 cases (recovered)
Panhandle Public Health District, Region 21, 22, and 23 Emergency Management, and Scotts Bluff County Health Department are working as a unified command on this evolving situation. Essential updates will be regularly communicated to the public and community partners.
For the most up to date information from the CDC, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Panhandle Public Health District is working together to improve the health, safety, and quality of life for all who live, learn, work, and play in the Panhandle. Our vision is that we are a healthier and safer Panhandle Community. Visit our website www.pphd.org.