Panhandle total: 419, Active: 63, Recovered: 350, Deaths: 6
A myth about heat killing the COVID-19 virus continues to be shared. The fact is, you can catch COVID-19 no matter how sunny or hot the weather is. Countries and states with hot weather have reported cases of COVID-19.
Unified Command confirms four more cases of COVID-19 in the Panhandle:
The investigations are underway, all close contacts will be quarantined and actively monitored twice daily for fever and respiratory symptoms by public health officials.
One new recovery in Scotts Bluff County brings the total recoveries to 350.
Testing information and access for the Panhandle area:
· Box Butte General Hospital in Alliance starting on August 3: Monday-Friday, 9-10am o Testnebraska.com
· Chadron Community Hospital: Mondays & Fridays, 7-9am o Testnebraska.com
o Collections are at 821 Morehead Street (Old Hospital ER Entrance next to Wilson Park)
· Community Action Health Center in Gering: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, 7-8am o https://tinyurl.com/y7msahzq
· Gordon Memorial Hospital: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2-4pm o Testnebraska.com
· Morrill County Community Hospital: Daily
o Call 308-262-1616 for testing, same day results, insurance will be billed
· Regional West Health Services: Monday-Friday, Noon-4pm o Testnebraska.com
· Increased testing through Test Nebraska to be coming soon to Sidney!
· Contact your local hospital or clinic for information on testing access.
March 2-July 29, 2020
Total Tests Conducted: 7,515
Cumulative Positivity Rate: 5.6%
Active Cases: 63
Active Hospitalizations: 2
Total Cumulative Hospitalizations: 45
• Banner County: 2 cases (recovered)
• Box Butte County: 10 cases (1 active, 9 recovered)
• Cheyenne County: 26 cases (4 active, 22 recovered)
• Dawes County: 4 cases (recovered)
• Deuel County: 1 case (recovered)
• Garden County: 4 cases (recovered)
• Kimball County: 17 cases (1 active, 16 recovered)
• Morrill County: 59 cases (4 active, 55 recovered)
• Scotts Bluff County: 281 cases (52 active, 223 recovered, 6 deaths)
• Sheridan County: 9 cases (1 active, 8 recovered)
• Sioux County: 6 cases (recovered)
Panhandle Public Health District, Region 21, 22, and 23 Emergency Management, and Scotts Bluff County Health Department are working as a unified command on this evolving situation. Essential updates will be regularly communicated to the public and community partners.
For the most up to date information from the CDC, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Panhandle Public Health District is working together to improve the health, safety, and quality of life for all who live, learn, work, and play in the Panhandle. Our vision is that we are a healthier and safer Panhandle Community. Visit our website www.pphd.org.