562 new COVID cases (131 youth age 0-19) in the Panhandle are being reported today. This is up 93% since reporting 291 cases on January 5.
Currently, 19 individuals are hospitalized with COVID, up from 13 last week. This is a 46% increase from the previous week.
Eighteen new deaths have been reported with the age breakdown as follows:
- One - 40 to 49
- Three - 50 to 59
- Three - 60 to 69
- Six - 70 to 79
- Four - 80 to 89
- One - 90 to 99
This brings the total COVID deaths in the area since the beginning of the pandemic to 270. Twenty additional deaths are pending verification.
“Vaccines remain the best public health measure to protect people from COVID, slow transmission, and reduce the impact on our healthcare systems,” Kim Engel, Panhandle Public Health District Director.
Everyone age 12 and older is recommended to get a COVID booster shot at least two months after a 1-dose vaccine, Johnson & Johnson, or at least five months after a 2-dose vaccine, Pfizer or Moderna.
COVID vaccine is widely available across the Panhandle and there is no out-of-pocket expenses.
- Box Butte/Grant: https://tinyurl.com/25mwaapu | safeway.com
- Walk-ins welcome Dave's Pharmacy Hemingford & Alliance, Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5:30 PM
- Alliance Community Pharmacy, Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM - 6 PM
- Hyannis, Sandhills State Bank, 3p-6:30p, February 1, March 1
- Cheyenne/Deuel: https://tinyurl.com/5b5uac8p | walmart.com | safeway.com
- Walk-ins welcome Dalton Fire Hall 3p-6:30p, February 8
- Big Springs Fire Hall 3p-4:30p & Chappell Fire Hall, 5p-6:30p, January 27, February 24
- Dawes/Sioux: https://tinyurl.com/x5d5nnbn | walmart.com | safeway.com
- Walk-ins welcome Western Community Health Resources, Monday-Friday, 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM, Call 308-432-8979 to schedule an appointment outside these hours.
- Garden: To schedule an appointment, call (308) 772-3283.
- Regional West Garden County Clinic, Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
- Kimball: https://tinyurl.com/d2u8txrs
- Walk-ins welcome Kimball Health Services, Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- Morrill: Call to schedule an appointment
- Walk-ins welcome Morrill County Hospital Clinic (Bridgeport), Thursdays, 8 AM - 4:30 PM call 308-262-1755
- Chimney Rock Medical Center (Bayard), Tuesdays, 8 AM - 4:30 PM call 308-586-1717
- Sheridan: https://tinyurl.com/cvrmkv38
- Walk-ins welcome Gordon Rural Health Clinic, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM and 1 PM - 4 PM
- Scotts Bluff/Banner: https://tinyurl.com/hkw7wk2p | walmart.com | safeway.com | walgreens.com
- Walk-ins welcome Gering CAPWN Health Center, Monday-Friday, 9 AM-12 PM & 1 PM-4 PM
- Scotts Bluff County Immunization Clinic, 313 W 38th St, Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM
If you are homebound or have a condition that makes it hard for you to access a COVID vaccine, Call Vianey Zitterkopf, RN at 308-430-8390 or Janet Felix, LPN at 308-672-4653.
People who are fully COVID vaccinated will not be required to quarantine due to close contact. If you have lost your COVID vaccine card, go to https://tinyurl.com/2zh7uhhu.
Unified Command confirms 562 more cases of COVID in the Panhandle.
March 2, 2020-January 12, 2021
- Positive: 15,892
- Last week’s cases: (cases/100,000): 651.5
- Last 7 day cases: 562
- Last week’s positivity rate: 16.6%
- Deaths: 270
- Deaths Pending Verification: 20
- Active Hospitalizations: 19
- Total Cumulative Hospitalizations: 780
Current COVID testing access can be found at http://pphd.org/COVID-19.html.
The Panhandle COVID dashboard is available at www.pphd.org. The state COVID dashboard is available at https://tinyurl.com/ufj9fcuf. For the most up to date information from the CDC, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.