Panhandle total: 730, Active: 84, Recovered: 640, Deaths: 6
As we move into phase four of the Governor’s Directed Health Measure beginning tomorrow, September 11, the following sections will be updated to guidance and use is recommended:
· Bars & Restaurants
· Childcare Facilities
· Gyms/Fitness Centers/Health Clubs/Health Spas
· Salons/Barber Shops/Massage Therapy Services/Tattoo Parlors
· Wedding & Funeral Reception Venues
Indoor gatherings are at 75% of rated occupancy and outdoor at 100% of rated occupancy. Plans for reopening or expanding to new capacity limits must be submitted on Panhandle Public Health District’s website at: http://pphd.org/COVID-19.html.
An outline of the changes can be found here: http://dhhs.ne.gov/Documents/COVID-19-Outline-of-Changes-to-Upcoming-DHMs-Phase-IV.pdf with guidance documents (to be updated) accessible here: http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/COVID-19-Nebraska-Guidance-Documents.aspx.
Please continue all of the important precautions to protect you, your loved ones, and your community from the spread of COVID. Wear a mask when possible, stay at least six feet away from others, monitor for any symptoms, and stay home if you are not feeling well. Please practice these safety tips out of an abundance of kindness and humility for others.
Unified Command confirms 20 more cases of COVID in the Panhandle since last reporting on Tuesday, September 8. The investigations are complete, all close contacts will be quarantined and actively monitored for symptoms by public health officials.
Testing information and access for the Panhandle area: · You can sign up for the following free testing at Testnebraska.com or 402-207-9377:
o Box Butte General Hospital in Alliance: Monday-Friday, 9-10am
· Ambulance Bay on the east side of the emergency department, watch for the green arrows
o Chadron Community Hospital: Mondays & Fridays, 7-9am
· Collections are at 821 Morehead Street (Old Hospital ER Entrance next to Wilson Park)
· Other testing opportunities for symptomatic patients may be available through the hospital as ordered by your Primary Care Practitioner, call the hospital at 747-2466 with questions.
o Gordon Memorial Hospital: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2-4pm
o Regional West Health Services in Scottsbluff: Monday-Friday, Noon-4pm
o Sidney Regional Medical Center: Tuesdays & Thursday, 7-9am
· Community Action Health Center in Gering: Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, 7-8am o Testing is free, sign up at https://tinyurl.com/yydxr5mc
· Morrill County Community Hospital in Bridgeport: Daily
o Call 308-262-1616 for testing, same day results
· Contact your local hospital or clinic for information on testing access.